Last updated 30 June 2020
At Pine Ridge Legal we are committed to providing a high-quality service to our clients and to dealing with everyone
fairly and equally. We understand that we may not always get it right and when something does go wrong we would
like you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. We will respond to any concerns you may have
and do everything we can to resolve your complaint efficiently.
The person with overall responsibility for complaints handling at Pine Ridge Legal is Safeena Rafiq, who is a Director
and the Compliance Officer. Safeena can be contacted by email at Compliance@pineridgelegal.co.uk.
2.How do I make a complaint?
If you have a complaint please contact us as soon as possible. You can do this by:-
- writing to us at Pine Ridge Legal, Head Office, 182 Talbot Road, Tameside, Greater Manchester, SK14 4HJ;
- emailing the person you have been dealing with, or their supervisor;
- Telephoning the person you have been dealing with, or their supervisor on 0161 943 4124.
When making your complaint please provide us with the following information to enable us to deal with the matter
- your full name, contact details and (where relevant) the reference number for the matter;
- what you are dissatisfied about; and
- what you would like us to do to put things right.
2.What will happen next?
- We will acknowledge your complaint, either by telephone, email or in writing within 5 working days of
- Your complaint will be reviewed;
- We may need to carry out a detailed review of your case, which might involve us having to ask you for
- We will provide you with our final decision within 28 days of receipt of your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with our final decision you may refer your complaint to the Society of Will Writers for matters
relating to Will, Trusts, Power of Attorney, or Probate services.
3.How to contact the Society of Will Writers
A complaint to the Society of Will Writers may only be made after Pine Ridge Legal’s internal complaints process has
been exhausted (except in the unlikely event that we do not resolve your complaint within 8 weeks). A complaint to
the Society of Will Writers must be made within six months of the date of our final decision, and in addition, within
either i) six years from the date of the relevant act or omission; or ii) three years from when you should have known
about the complaint.
You can contact the Society of Will Writers by:
- Post: SWW Complaints, Chancery House, Whisby Way, Lincolnshire, LN6 3LQ
- Email: email@example.com
- Further information may be found at: www.willwriters.com
Alternative complaint mediation bodies exist who are competent to deal with complaints about legal services. One
alternative complaint mediation provider is Small Claims Mediation. Their website address is: www.small-claims-
mediation.co.uk. However, in order to refer a complaint to an alternative mediation provider, both parties must
agree to use such a scheme.